Caesar-style chicken salad is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be served as an appetizer or main course. It’s perfect for picnics and potlucks because it can be easily transported and tastes great cold. This recipe is a twist on the classic Caesar salad with less calories and does not require anchovies. However, you can add them if you like. The ingredients for this salad are simple, making it a great option for those looking for a light but satisfying meal for lunch or dinner.
In conclusion, Caesar-style chicken salad is a quick, easy, and healthy dish that’s perfect for any occasion. It’s a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables and protein, and it’s also a tasty and satisfying meal.
Tips & Tricks
- For a healthier version of the salad, use grilled chicken (medium heated grill for 5 minutes each side) instead of fried or rotisserie chicken.
- If you like a little more crunch in your salad, try adding croutons or diced vegetables.
- If you’re serving the salad as an appetizer, try serving it in lettuce cups or on top of crostini for a tasty bite-sized treat.
- If you’re a fan of spicy flavors, try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos to the salad.
- For lettuce you can use romaine or the mixture of: butter lettuce, green leaves, romaine lettuce. Using different lettuce will give the salad a more colorful and visually appealing look & taste.
Caesar-Style Chicken Salad recipe
- 500 g chicken breast filet
- 200 g lettuce
- 100 g cornichons
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Croutons (optional)
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp pepper
- 0.25 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 80 g breadcrumbs
- 60 g parmesan cheese (or other type of hard cheese)
- 2 tbsp 15% sour cream
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 15 g hard cheese
- A pinch of salt
- Cut the chicken breast lengthwise into thin slices, about 0.5 cm thick. Season both sides of the chicken slices with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika, and spread mayonnaise on each side. Cover and refrigerate the chicken for 24-48 hours.
- Boil some eggs and cut them into smaller pieces once they are cooked.
- Wash the lettuce and break it into smaller pieces by hand. Set it aside.
- Cut the cornichons into 4 pieces lengthwise.
- To make the dressing, mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- On a serving plate, arrange the lettuce, cornichons, and eggs.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat and add 3-4 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
- Dip each side of the chicken slices into breadcrumbs to coat them in a thin layer.
- Place the chicken in the preheated pan and cook each side until it becomes golden brown, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces and arrange it on top of the salads. Pour the sauce over the top.
Nutrition table of Caesar style Chicken Salad recipe
|Amount per serving||100 g|
|Energy value||552 kJ|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Explore more recipes
- Caesar-Style Chicken Salad recipeCaesar-style chicken salad is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be served as an […]
- Crab Stick Salad with Rice recipeQuick crab stick salad with rice in only 20 minutes! Perfect dish to eat between […]
- Bell Pepper Salad with FetaRefreshing and easy bell pepper salad with feta cheese. I highly recommend using walnut oil […]