Moist and fluffy cupcakes with brown sugar, your beloved chocolate and coffee. For better taste make an espresso shot from your favorite coffee beans. If you use instant coffee, cupcakes won’t have as nice coffee taste as a real espresso shot. For the chocolate I like to use the one who have at least 50% of cacao.
🕐Prep Time: 20 min 🕐Cook Time: 20-25 min 🥄Serves: 12 cupcakes
- 140 g of butter/margarine
- 80 g of brown sugar
- 140 g of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 30 ml of espresso
- 70 g of chocolate chips
- Mix sugar and butter with a hand mixer until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients: flour, vanilla and baking powder.
- Into the sugar and butter mixture add one by one eggs and a tablespoon of dry ingredients and whisk. Then add espresso and whisk well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix them in slowly.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C and prepare cupcake trays.
- While filling cupcake forms, leave 0.4-0.6 mm from the top for cupcakes to rise.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then check with a toothpick if it’s done.
- Take out cupcakes from the oven and let them cool down for a couple of minutes.
|Amount per serving||100 g|
|Energy value||1653 kJ|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|