If you’re a coffee lover, you’ll definitely enjoy this coffee cupcakes recipe. Imagine biting into a moist and fluffy cupcake with the rich flavors of brown sugar, chocolate, and coffee – it’s simply irresistible. This recipe is perfect for those who want to indulge in something sweet and decadent with a subtle kick of caffeine.
To achieve the perfect coffee taste, it’s highly recommended that you make an espresso shot from your favorite coffee beans instead of using instant coffee. This will give the cupcakes a more authentic coffee flavor.
So, if you’re craving a sweet treat with a coffee twist, try this delicious coffee cupcakes recipe. It’s a great way to impress your family and friends, or simply indulge in something sweet and satisfying.
Storing and freezing
Storing: Once the cupcakes are baked, it’s important to store them properly so they stay fresh for longer. To store, place them in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator. Good up to 5 days.
Freezing: If you need to freeze the cupcakes, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then place them in an airtight container before placing them in the freezer. Good up to one month, but don’t recommend freezing them as fresh always taste better.
Coffee cupcakes recipe
🕐Prep Time: 20 min 🕐Cook Time: 20-25 min 🥄Serves: 12 cupcakes
- 140 g of butter/margarine
- 80 g of brown sugar
- 140 g of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 30 ml of espresso
- 70 g of chocolate chips
- Mix the sugar and butter with a hand mixer until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, vanilla, and baking powder.
- Gradually add the eggs and a tablespoon of the dry ingredients into the sugar and butter mixture and whisk until well combined. Then add the espresso and whisk well. Slowly mix in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and prepare the cupcake trays.
- While filling the cupcake forms, leave about 0.4-0.6 cm from the top to allow the cupcakes to rise. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then check with a toothpick to see if they are done.
- Once finished, take the cupcakes out of the oven and let them cool down for a couple of minutes.
Nutrition table of coffee cupcakes with chocolate
|Amount per serving||100 g|
|Energy value||1653 kJ|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
While you can use instant coffee, the cupcakes won’t have as strong of a coffee flavor as they would with an espresso shot.
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, but using one with at least 50% cacao will help balance the sweetness of the cupcakes. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can skip the chocolate altogether.
You can use white sugar as a substitute for brown sugar, but it’s worth noting that brown sugar has a hint of caramel that can help bring out the coffee flavor in the cupcakes.