Beef chilli soup is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. This recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy a quick and tasty dinner. In addition to being nutritious, it also tastes great and is packed with protein. It comes together very easily and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
With just a few basic ingredients, you can create a meal that’s sure to become a family favorite. Beef chilli soup can be served with grated cheese and garlic bread, but can also be served with sour cream on top or some tortilla chips.
How to add flavor to beef chilli?
The key to making a flavorful beef chilli soup is to use a variety of spices. In this recipe, we’ll be using chilli powder, oregano and smoked paprika to give the soup a spicy and smoky flavor. You can adjust the amount of each spice to suit your taste, but I recommend using at least a teaspoon of each.
Another way to add flavor to the soup is to use high-quality beef. I recommend using ground aged ground beef, as it will have more flavor. You can also add vegetables like carrots, celery, canned corn, jalapeno pepper or fresh bell pepper to the soup to give it more depth of flavor.
Storing and Reheating
Storing: first allow chilli soup to cool to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Reheating: reheat it on the stove over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it’s hot. Or simply microwave it until it’s heated through.
Freezing: allow it to cool completely, then transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to a month.
Watch how to make chilli soup
Beef Chilli Soup recipe
- 500 g ground beef (20% fat)
- 2 cans of red beans (400g x2)
- 2 cans of mashed tomatoes (500g x2)
- 1 tsp chilli pepper (dry)
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- Grated cheese for the topping (20g per serving)
- 150 g roasted peppers in marinate
- Blend the roasted paprika with a blender and set it aside.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and fry it in a pan for several minutes. Then, add the minced beef and cook for 2-3 minutes until the meat changes its color. Add the seasoning and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Heat a large pot on high heat. Transfer the beef to the pot, add the blended paprika, beans, and mashed tomatoes. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the chilli. Check if it's spicy enough, and if not, add more.
- Taste the soup to check if there's enough seasoning for you, and let it cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- After 10 minutes, chop the garlic into small pieces and add it to the soup. Lower the heat to low and cook for 7 more minutes.
- Serve the chilli soup with grated cheese and garlic bread.
Nutrition table of chilli soup
|Amount per serving||100 g|
|Energy value||537 kJ|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|