Juicy and full of flavor chicken with a cheesy top. This is a perfect meal for busy weeknights. Non stick pan and light mayonnaise will help you save more calories. If you use basic mayonnaise, try to add a bit less of it as it has more fat and might be too fatty. Let’s cook some chicken!
🕐Prep Time: 20 min 🕐Cook Time: 20 min 🥄Serves: 4 portions
- 600 g of chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 0.5 tsp. Of salt
- 0.5 tsp. Of pepper
- 0.5 tsp. Of Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Of oregano
- A bit of chili if you like
- 100-150g of breadcrumbs
- 4 tsp. of sunflower oil
- 1.5 tbsp. Of low fat mayonnaise (for the marinate)
- About 1 tsp. Of low fat mayonnaise for each chicken pieces
- 20g of thinly sliced cheese for each chicken piece
- In a small bowl mix all the spices (salt, pepper, smoked paprika and oregano).
- Cut the onion in half and slice lengthwise. Take the garlic and chop it into mid-size pieces. Put everything in a bowl.
- Cut chicken breast pieces in half and beat a little bit. Then sprinkle each side with spices, transfer chicken to a bowl with onions and garlic and add mayonnaise. Gently mix so all chicken pieces are covered in mayonnaise. Leave to marinate for an hour or even overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (grill function).
- Preheat the pan to a bit more than medium heat and pour about 2 tbsp. of sunflower oil (for one cooking part in a non-stick 28 cm sized pan; to cook all chicken pieces it will take 2 parts). Pour breadcrumbs into the plate and dip each chicken side so that all the chicken is covered in a thin layer of breadcrumbs (you don’t need to use onion and garlic, they were used only for marinating). Cook in the pan till each side becomes golden brown color.
- Add more oil and lower the heat if the chicken starts burning.
- Place chicken on a paper towel to drain extra oil. Then put it on the baking tray. Put 1 tsp of mayonnaise on the chicken and spread it. Then add cheese and place in the oven for 7-10min (cheese must melt and get a little bit brown).
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice and/or salad.
|Amount per serving||100 g|
|Energy value||907 kJ|