Quick and low calorie chicken kebabs. You can prep it for a couple of days as the longer you let the chicken marinate the tastier it gets! I recommend using chicken breast’s inner fillet as it is more tender and easier to cut into even pieces.
🕐Prep Time: 15 min 🕐Cook Time: 18 min 🥄Serves: 2 portions
- 450 g chicken breast’s inner fillet
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 40 g mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Chili (optional)
Long bamboo roasting sticks
- Place bamboo roasting sticks into the cold water. It is the best to leave them for at least half an hour. Doing this will prevent sticks from quickly burning in the oven.
- Cut the onion in half and slice lengthwise. Take the garlic and chop it into mid-size pieces. Put everything in the bowl.
- Prepare the chicken: cut it into 3-4cm size pieces, place it in the bowl with garlic and onions, add spices and mayonnaise. Mix well and leave in the fridge for several hours to marinate. Best if you leave it to marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Put 3-4 pieces of chicken on a bamboo stick. One portion is 3 sticks, but can be 4 if you are very hungry.
- Place sticks with chicken on any baking form corners you have which would not let chicken touch the bottom of the form. Can stick one bamboo stick through 3-4 chicken sticks, that it would be easier to flip it over.
- Cook for 9 min, then flip chicken sticks and cook for 9 more minutes.
- Serve with rice, fresh salad, mushroom sauce or Greek yogurt sauce.
|Amount per serving||100 g|
|Energy value||510 kJ|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|