Apple pie is a classic. It’s the perfect dessert to share with family and friends at Thanksgiving, Christmas or to make for your colleagues during a potluck at work. This recipe will give you that fresh-from-the-oven apple pie taste you crave without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
This recipe uses fresh apples, which give it a natural sweetness that makes this dish even more delicious than the store-bought version!
Don’t forget the ice cream on top! I like to use vanilla bean ice cream for this recipe because it adds extra flavor and looks pretty when sprinkled with cinnamon.
Storing and reheating
Storing: can store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days (no need to refrigerate). Also can leave it uncovered, but then it will dry out quicker.
Reheating: pie is delicious and cold, but you can warm it for 30s in the microwave or in the oven on 100C for 10 minutes.
Freezing: place in the airtight container or freezer bag and place in the freezer. Good up to 1 month.
🕐Prep Time: 25 min 🕐Cook Time: 40 min 🥄Serves: 22 cm cake pan
- 200 g flours
- 80 g brown sugar
- 120 g margarine (room temperature)
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 0.5 tsp. Vanilla powder
- 4 eggs
- 4 apples
- Mix margarine with sugar until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, vanilla. Also in a separate bowl lightly whisk eggs.
- In butter and sugar mixture add eggs and mix well. Then add half of the dry ingredients and mix. Put the left dry ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Peel the apples, take the seeds out and cut apples into ~1 cm cubes. Place them on the mixture and gently press.
- Bake for 40-45 min, then check with a toothpick is it dry. The top must get golden brown.
- Can serve them with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
|Amount per serving||100 g|
|Energy value||977 kJ|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|