Also known as Molten chocolate cake which combines almost flourless cake and soufflé. It is a super delicious desert and easy to make. The main factor to remember if you want to get a perfect chocolate lava cake:
*Don’t rush with putting eggs in the chocolate, mix well before adding the next one.
*Don’t leave the cake in the oven as it will overcook and instead of lava cake you will get chocolate sponge cake.
*Use dark chocolate, the best choice is 70%, but not less than 50%.
🕐Prep Time: 20 min 🕐Cook Time: 12 min 🥄Serves: 2
- 90 g dark chocolate
- 20 g cacao
- 30 g flour
- 60 g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g butter/margarine
- A pinch of salt
- 3g vanilla powder
- Melt the chocolate with butter/margarine and take the pot with the mixture away from the heat.
- In a separate bowl sift cacao, flour and vanilla powder.
- Chocolate and butter/margarine mixture should be still warm, so put sugar in it and mix well. Add eggs one by one and mix well.
- Add the yolk and mix well.
- Add a spoon of dry ingredients, mix well and repeat the process until all dry ingredients are finished.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix a bit.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and prepare the form. I am using cupcake paper forms and creme brulee molds. If you are using round metal forms, cover them with a paper sheet.
- Pour the mixture into the molds. It should be about 4-5cm “height” (if you pour less, you will need to bake for a shorter time).
- Bake for 12 min and take them out of the oven immediately when finished, so cakes don’t overcook.
- You can also bake only for 5 min and keep them in the fridge for the next day. When you are ready to eat, just preheat the oven to 200C and bake for 9 min. You can keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Sprinkle the cakes with powdered sugar and serve with berries.
|Amount per serving||100 g|
|Energy value||1310 kJ|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|