Most known Italian dessert – Tiramisu. There are many variations of this dessert, some do it with brandy, others with rum, some do with sponge cake, others – ladyfinger biscuits. If you like you can make Tiramisu alcohol-fee. My tip: cook without a pause, if you leave mascarpone cheese and egg mixture for half an hour or longer it won’t get so stiff. Make Tiramisu in one go.
🕐Prep Time: 30min 🕐Cook Time: – min 🥄Serves: 9 cups or 1 big tray
- 6 eggs
- 70g of white sugar (for egg yolk)
- 60g of white sugar (for egg white)
- Pinch of salt
- 0.5 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 30-50g of cacao powder
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 500g of ladyfinger biscuits
- 7 espresso shots
- 2 tablespoon of dark Rum/Brandy
- Prepare espresso, put Rome and mix (best to pour it in a bowl). Let it cool down.
- Separate egg yolks from the whites.
- In the bowl whisk egg whites with 60g of sugar and a pinch of salt. Whisk it until it becomes stiff. Put it in the fridge.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg yolks with sugar and vanilla till it becomes light color. Take the spatula, add mascarpone and gently mix by clockwise.
- In the mascarpone mixture add egg whites and again gently mix by clockwise.
- Prepare the tray where you will put tiramisu. Put some mascarpone mixture at the bottom and spread it. Start learning: soak ladyfingers biscuits one by one in the coffee mixture (flip 3 times in the coffee mixture) and cover the tray’s bottom, add mascarpone mixture on top, spread it evenly, sprinkle with cocoa and repeat again the process: lady fingers soaked in coffee – mascarpone – cacao. Usually 2-3 layers are enough (depend on the tray size).
- The top can be sprinkled with cacao (or you can sprinkle top before serving), covered with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 5h (best – overnight).
Gustati il tuo tiramisù!
|Amount per serving||100g|
|Energy value||1436 kJ|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|